The cornerstone of our children’s ministry is found in Deuteronomy 6:7, “You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise.” Parents are encouraged to fulfill their role as the primary disciple-makers in the home. The children’s ministry provides reinforcement and resources to help parents teach their children to follow God. Pastor of Education and Children, Kevin Cook, along with countless volunteers, provides ministry opportunities for our children.
- Nursery – a safe, secure childcare experience is available for your child. A nursery is available for newborns until age 4 during all church services every Sunday and Wednesday.
- Sunday School – classes meet each week for ages 2 years through 6th grade. A Bible lesson is taught for each child’s specific age level.
- Family Worship – families worship together in the Sanctuary on the first Sunday of each month and on other special days.
- Children’s Church – children ages 4 thru 3rd grade are invited after the offertory to participate in a worship service designed for them. They receive a hands-on Bible lesson and can be picked up after the Sanctuary worship service has concluded.
- AWANA/Cubbies – all children ages 3 through 4th grade participate on Wednesday nights at 6:00 pm during the school year. Volunteers work to develop spiritually strong children who faithfully follow Jesus Christ.
- GRAPPLE – our preteen program is designed for 5th and 6th graders. Preteens tackle the daily challenges of this age group head on with lessons that plunge students into the Bible to find answers to their biggest questions about life, God, and relationships. Grapple meets each Wednesday at 6:00 pm during the school year.
- Vacation Bible School – an opportunity each summer for children ages 3 – 6th grade to learn about God. The themed activities allow children to grow in their knowledge of God’s Word.
- Children’s Camps – each summer our children are invited to attend a camp for their specific age group. Camp is a perfect opportunity to focus on Christ without the interruptions of everyday life. Watch for announcements & dates.
- FALL Festival –This free event offers food and fun to the community. The FALL Festival is on October 31st each year.